Saturday, February 12, 2011

ETSY works!

This is one of my newer pieces hanging in our gallery in Winterset, Iowa. It's a departure from my non-traditional window hangings, but requires different discipline and a nasty came saw that cuts the zinc outer frame.
I call in Cathedral Glass and you can find it and almost two dozen other items under the MadMadWorld storefront on ETSY.

Since I'm new and have only made a couple of sales since opening up a couple of weeks ago, I'd like to hear what people think of ETSY and if anyone is having consistently good results selling there. My husband John calls it the 24/7/365 Art Fair. It may be where we're all headed with $3 gas.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Robin... I like Etsy, but I find that it requires a lot of time and upkeep. I think it works if you spend time relisting items, putting new items in frequently, and don't mind packing and shipping artwork. I've been keeping my Etsy shop with just smaller items because of this. Overall, I think Etsy is a great tool. It sure beats packing up the car for a show every weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It does seem that smaller work sells on ETSY but it is a great outlet. As physical as art shows are, it is STILL the best way I know to sell my larger work and I do love meeting my customers. Thanks for the feedback Becky!

    ReplyDelete